Family Law Blog

DivorceFamily Law
October 19, 2018

3 things to make divorce easier on kids

Divorce is never a simple matter logistically or emotionally. And when there are children involved, often, the hardest part is to put your own emotional issues aside in order to…
Read More
CustodyDivorceFamily Law
March 5, 2018

Five Tested Ways to Solve Parenting Conflict

Parenting children from separate households will always be a challenge, even in the best of circumstances. Work obligations, school schedules, special holidays and family events are circumstances each parent must…
Read More
Family Law
February 13, 2018

Domestic Violence: Time to Get Help

Years ago, there was a pervasive belief that domestic violence only occurred in poor and disadvantaged households. Research has shown that this type of criminal behavior directed toward a family…
Read More
February 12, 2018

Starting a divorce

Litigants who wish to terminate a marriage in California must serve paperwork called a petition and summons on their spouse. The paperwork must be filed with the court before it…
Read More
Family LawLegislation
January 29, 2018

Domestic Violence Restraining Orders in California: No requirement to show probable future abuse.

According to a recent decision by the State’s Court of Appeal, “an affidavit showing past abuse” may be the only requirement for securing a restraining order. A person seeking the…
Read More
Family Law
January 22, 2018

Duty to disclose

Your Right to Information in a Marriage or Domestic Partnership As a married person or a registered domestic partner, you’re entitled to a high standard of care on sharing information…
Read More
Family Law
January 10, 2018

Knowledge Is Power: Getting The Right Advice At The Right Time

One of the most common mistakes a person hovering on the brink of a family law legal problem can make is to delay acquiring legal advice on how to handle…
Read More
CustodyFamily Law
January 8, 2018

Three Rules on Parenting

Attorney Arlene Kock currently serves as the CEO at the Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock, APLC in San Ramon, California. The law firm practice focus is on all aspects…
Read More


Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news in Family Law: